As we look back on 2015, it was filled with moments of celebration to saddening situations. Our nation celebrated 25 years of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I also enjoyed traveling to Minneapolis, Minnesota with the MUSC Longevity After Injury Project to recognize 40 years of spinal cord injury research.
We were heartbroken by the nine people who lost their lives in the Mother Emanuel AME massacre in downtown Charleston. It was also sad to see 5-year-old Tyreik Gadsden become paralyzed from gun violence.
So, let’s take a look at what happened during 2015! Here are my top 10 most viewed blog posts.
- “NCIS: New Orleans” actor isn’t just playing a role
- New CBS show, “The Inspectors” features a character with a spinal cord injury
- My mother’s perspective on raising a son with a disability
- 5-year-old Tyreik Gadsden adjusts to his new spinal cord injury
- The Standing Wheelchair – Scott Liesch interview
- Words of encouragement for people with disabilities
- A day in the life of Alex Jackson
- Freddie Gray’s trauma-related spinal cord injury
- Flying to and from Minnesota
- Living beyond the wheelchair
Thank you for following my blog each week. I’ve enjoyed sharing my experiences of living with a disability. Please let me know what you like most about Tuesday Talk With Alex and let me know what other topics you’d like to see.
Here’s to a happy and healthy 2016! Happy New Year!